DAF March Hard Hat Tour – 18th and Wazee
Wednesday, September 7th, 2016
First tour at 4:30 p.m.
Second tour at 5:30 p.m.
Rendering Courtesy of Johnson Nathan Strohe
Building Owner: McWhinney, Grand American Inc. and Sage Hospitality
Architect of Record: SAR on Mixed-use office/retail and parking garage
Architect of Record: Johnson Nathan Strohe on Hotel
Contractor: Saunders Construction, Inc.
Branding: Crème on branding and visioning for block, interior design on common areas
Dairy Block will be a vibrant, walkable micro-district in the heart of Lower Downtown Denver. Celebrating the front range’s most inspiring retailers, food and beverage offerings and urban office alongside an independent hotel by Sage Hospitality.
- 8-story, independent hotel: 172 rooms
- 6-story, office building, state-of-the-art class A: new construction
- Five floors: 197,533 sf
- 1st floor retail: 24,065 sf
- Existing historical buildings
- Office (brick and timber): 44,453 sf
- Retail: 41,946 sf
- Public Amenity Alley: 7,500 sf
- Vacated from public services
- Parking (below-grade): 392 spaces, 1:1,000
- Electric car: 4 spaces
- Bike: TBD as needed
This historic block, once the home to Windsor Dairy, is a symbol of quality and character. It will be a vibrant, walkable micro-district in the heart of LoDo Denver (Lower Downtown Denver). Celebrating the front range’s most inspiring retailers, food and beverage offerings and urban office alongside an independent hotel. There will be a thoughtful mix of chefs, artisans, makers and cocktail crafters.
The hotel, The Maven, is meant to feel like the urban-style loft home with warm textures and experiential spaces that are available for a multitude of uses.
- The event space holds 250 people with direct access to the activated alley.
- Signature Poka Lola Social Club combines an on-tap experience of ready-to-serve beverages and finely tuned craft cocktails by expert mixologists.
- Kachina Southwestern Grill restaurant offers innovative flavor combinations and enthusiastic cuisine all experienced in the most authentically crafted décor.
The retail, first level and alley, includes indoor and outdoor access for an all-day experience. A collection of American heritage brands, Colorado originals, international retailers, and new-to-market vendors.
- Curated soft goods: 60 percent of the entire retail space
- Inspired dining: 40 percent of the entire retail space
The office is the most unique redevelopment in Denver, occupying a full city block.
- LEED Gold certification
- 10-foot ceiling heights
- Full-height glass
- On site fitness center with showers and lockers
- Private balconies on each office floor
- Secure office tower with onsite security personnel
- Outdoor common space
- Located one block from transit and Denver Union Station
Amenities: An 18-hour experience, one block away from Denver Union Station. Indoor and outdoor gathering spaces. A place where all locals, and visitors, want to be.
Sustainability: LEED Gold
Cultural: The art installations are connected to the building form and contribute to the experience of the place. Many installation are created by a local artist. Note, artist book available upon request.
Alley: A place to discover over and over again. Rich with complexity and a vibe that comes to life at every step.