Doors Open Denver
Explore Denver Inside Out
Doors Open Denver invites you to celebrate and explore Denver architecture. For one weekend every September, DOD opens the doors to places and spaces that make the Mile High City such a special city in which to live, work and play. From historic structures to contemporary builds and everything in between, DOD features architecture for everyone to enjoy. Locals and visitors alike trek through the city turned museum – each site an exhibit filled with unique stories and design elements.
The Mile High City brims with beautiful, historical, and architecturally significant buildings that most of us never have the opportunity to explore—except for one weekend each year, during…Doors Open Denver. Christine Deorio | 5280
When is DOD?
Doors Open Denver 2020 will take place September 26 + 27. Event details will be announced mid-August 2020.
Where is DOD?
DOD is a decentralized event featuring 50 to 60 sites across the city. Union Station, host to event headquarters, is a great place to start your DOD adventure by chatting with volunteers and grabbing a print guide.
How do I participate in DOD?
DOD offers both structured and unstructured ways to participate:
- The DIY Method: Using our website or a print guide, plan your very own DOD adventure. Walk, bike, bus or drive to and from the sites of your choosing. As you explore, DOD volunteers are stationed at each site to answer questions.
- The Insider Method: Plan your DOD experience with architecture experts. Four to six weeks before DOD, we open up registration to over 100 Insider Tours led by experienced guides. Tickets often sell out before DOD weekend. But, you can access ticket early by becoming a DAF member.
- DOD Bonuses: DIYers and Insiders can linger a bit longer at sites with special activities – family-friendly fun, arts activities, performances and demonstrations. Plus, all participants are encouraged to photograph their favorite DOD moments and submit images to the juried Y/OUR Denver Photo Competition.
DOD sounds great… But how do I explore Denver before September?
A Look Back at DOD 2019
On the weekend of September 21 + 22, the 15th annual Doors Open Denver opened the doors to 51 architectural sites. In addition, our revered guides led 102 Insider Tours. An estimated 7,000 people explored these sites and tours. Plus, nearly 400 behind-the-scenes partners and volunteers helped make DOD 2019 a success.
DOD 2019 also shined a spotlight on one featured neighborhood: La Alma/Lincoln Park. Three neighborhood sites – Center for Visual Art, Su Teatro and Museo de las Américas – presented architecturally-inspired Arts + Culture Activities with contributions from 35 local artists.
Interested in sponsoring Denver’s premier architecture event? Email email@example.com for more information.
Interested in volunteering for DOD? Visit the volunteer page for more information.
Receive DAF updates – including DOD announcements – straight to your inbox. Click to subscribe to DAF e-news.
- Download our full DOD 2019 Event Recap!
- Interested in sponsorship? Download our DOD 2020 Sponsorship Brochure!