Recap: DAF + CSM – The Marriage of Art & Architecture
This second event in the Denver Architecture Foundation’s quarterly series co-presented with the Clyfford Still Museum on Wednesday, January 9, 2019, focused on the relationship of art and architecture. Panelists discussed two local examples – the Clyfford Still Museum and the Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art – and specifically how each building relates to the collection it houses, architecture as art and qualities of good design.
- Dean Sobel, Director, Clyfford Still Museum
- Taisto Mäkelä, PhD, Associate Professor, University of Colorado Denver College of Architecture and Planning
- Hugh Grant, Director, Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art
- Jim Olson, FAIA, Founding Partner, Olson Kundig
- Moderated by Mary Chandler
Image credit: Jeremy Bittermann.