DOD: Family-friendly Activities
Doors Open Denver is fun for the whole family - join us September 22 + 23!
With over 60 FREE open sites this year, there’s a lot to do and see at Doors Open Denver 2018 – September 22 + 23. Below is a sampling of some of our favorite picks for families. From organ performances to guided tours to firefighter gear demonstrations – these are activities the whole family is sure to enjoy! Peruse all open sites on our website to discover what each site has to offer event weekend.
- Central Presbyterian Church is offering mini-recitals on their magnificent Reuter Pipe Organ.
- Cleo Parker Robinson has open dance classes and activities on Saturday.
- Denver Fire Stations 03, 14 and 18 are providing guided tours including ghost stories, firefighter gear demonstrations, fire safety education and giveaways.
- First Church of Christ, Scientist is offering mini-recitals on their Casavant Organ.
- Five Points Media Center is providing guided tours of their KUVO studios and facilities.
- Highlands Church at the Holiday Theater is providing a raffle, a photo booth and live music.
- The Historic Sugar Building’s birdcage elevator, one of the oldest of its kind, will be available for rides from floor to floor.
- Museo de las Americas will have El Infinito exhibited, which sets satellite images captured by Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company alongside ancient Aztec prophecies and their interpretations of the universe.
- Overland Cotton Mill will provide guided tours of their space.
- The Savoy at Curtis Park will have open dance rehearsals on both Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
- Trinity United Methodist is offering short performances on their Roosevelt Organ by an experienced organist.