DOD: Family-friendly Activities
Doors Open Denver is fun for the whole family - join us September 21 + 22!
With over 50 FREE open sites this year, there’s a lot to do and see at Doors Open Denver 2019 – September 21 + 22. Below is a sampling of some of our favorite picks for families. From organ performances to guided tours to firefighter gear demonstrations – these are activities the whole family is sure to enjoy!
- Alliance Francaise will host trivia, French literary discussion, French-themed food and activities.
- Byers Branch Library | Denver Public Library will host lawn games, coloring pages for kids and refreshments.
- The Center for Visual Art will host activities for participants to learn about Adobe-style buildings including art making!
- Central Presbyterian Church is offering mini-recitals on their magnificent Reuter Pipe Organ.
- Denver Firefighters Museum will have hands-on family activities, rides on local vintage fire trucks and more!
- Denver Fire Department Station #3 will provide guided tours, ghost stories, firefighter gear demonstrations, fire safety education and giveaways.
- First Church of Christ, Scientist is offering mini-recitals on their Casavant Organ.
- The Historic Sugar Building‘s birdcage elevator, one of the oldest of its kind, will be available for rides from floor to floor.
- Humphries Poli will have architectural models on display and have virtual reality equipment available so visitors can walk through projects.
- Museo de las Americas will have a plazita, complete with vendors, food and community!
- Rowland+Broughton will host virtual reality experiences allowing visitors to walk around R+B designed spaces.
- SA+R will host a kids activity area where children of all ages (adults, too!) can draw and use Legos to create buildings. SA+R will have a number of old and new models displayed throughout the office where visitors can learn about their process and exciting new projects being built/designed in Denver.
- Trinity United Methodist Church is offering short performances on their Roosevelt Organ by an experienced organist.
- Youth on Record will host out-of-school programming on Saturday, 11am-3pm, host listening stations and a tour of the recording studio.